Sunday, April 23, 2006

Protect Our Beautiful Washington - No on I933

This past week, I went to a meeting in Bellingham to discuss organizing a local No on 933 campaign. That's the initiative that would undo State and Local Land-Use regulations and force tax-payers to 'compensate' Land Developers or let them do whatever they damn well please (What I like to call 'Pay or Pave').

At times it's plain old tiring... We beat back one deceitful Right-wing power-play just in time to start fighting another treacherous Right-wing plot.

Sometimes I need to take a minute to remember what I'm fighting for.
One of those things is preserving some of Washington's bio-diversity and beautiful natural environment.
Washington State Parks celebrates Native Plant Appreciation Week

OLYMPIA -- Governor Christine Gregoire has declared April 30 through May 6 as Native Plant Appreciation Week. In recognition of this proclamation, activities are scheduled in several Washington state parks...

And my rye wry sense of humor just can't let this go by:
Native Plant of the Month
Pacific bleeding heart (Dicentra formosa)

By Sarah Gage

Pacific bleeding heart

No comments: