Thursday, August 30, 2007

WA-03 Unhappy With Baird

He's not my Congressman but Baird is a Congressman from Washington State, so I guess his change of course on Iraq is fair game for comment.


This MoveOn ad has an accurate message about Iraq, it doesn't matter who it's addressed to.



Here's what one of Baird's constituents has to say:

Met with Baird and it was off-the-record

I just got out of a meeting with Rep. Brian Baird and some local Democratic officials that, as you can imagine, focussed almost totally on Iraq. Since it was off the record, I can't tell you anything he said, but I feel comfortable giving you my new impression of this entire episode.

My biggest impression is that he seems totally willing to lose the next election on this issue, which was contrary to what I went into the meeting thinking. I went in assuming he was taking as some level a political position, trying to find a rhetorical middle ground.

My only wish now is that the meeting was on the record.

Update [2007-8-30 18:59:40 by emmettoconnell]: Baird did go on the record with Slog.
After reading what Baird has to say, my only comment is: what the heck is wrong with the man, has he lost his mind?

1 comment:

Ozy said...

Great Post Steve!

I would love to talk to Baird Myself!

Grrrrrrrrrr!