Sunday, January 15, 2006

riverbend's friend Alan

there are no words to express the sadness and the anger for what is being
done as a result of our aggression.....

Thank You for the Music...
When I first heard about the
abduction of Christian Science Monitor journalist Jill Carroll a week ago, I
remember feeling regret. It was the same heavy feeling I get every time I hear
of another journalist killed or abducted. The same heavy feeling that settles
upon most Iraqis, I imagine, when they hear of acquaintances suffering under the
current situation.
I read the news as a subtitle on tv. We haven't had an
internet connection for several days so I couldn't really read about the
details. All I knew was that a journalist had been abducted and that her Iraqi
interpreter had been killed. He was shot in cold blood in Al Adil district
earlier this month, when they took Jill Carroll... Theysay he didn't die
immediately. It is said he lived long enough to talk to police and then he died.
I found out very recently that the interpreter killed was a good friend-
Alan, of Alan's Melody, and I've spent the last two days crying.
full post Thursday, January 12,
2006

No comments: