Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Blaine Women Arrested for Protesting at Focus on the Family Headquarters


(Colorado Springs, CO) -- At approximately 1:30 p.m. on February 19, 2007, Dotti Berry and Robynne Sapp of Blaine, Wash., were arrested and removed from Focus on the Family headquarters in police custody. The couple entered the building earlier in the day and refused to leave until the organization's founder, James Dobson, takes a step toward reconciliation with lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities by ceasing his misleading statements about research on lesbian and gay parents. ...

..."I am here today because I believed Dr. Dobson's teachings for many years, and it almost led to my suicide. My healing came from my acceptance of myself and my acceptance that God loves me exactly as I am," said Sapp. Sapp and Berry have toured Focus on the Family twice before to dialogue with visitors and staff about LGBT individuals and families.

Dobson has consistently misrepresented LGBT families with misleading references to social science research. In recent months, several social scientists -- including Dr. Carol Gilligan of New York University and Dr. Kyle Pruett of Yale -- have publicly rebuked him for mischaracterizing their research conclusions. (Press Release)

There's also an article in the Colorado Springs Gazette and, Dotti & Robynne have documented their protest.


It's too bad James Dobson didn't have the courage to come out and talk, he might have learned something... Ok., who am I kidding; Dobson's not about to admit he's a dishonest pompous ass and upset his self-righteousness gravy-train.

No comments: