Sunday, January 27, 2008

If I get stimulated......

As politicians of all stripes talk about “stimulus packages” and tax rebate checks, and I ponder the insanity of charging billions of dollars on my great-great-grandchildren's credit cards, I wonder what I should do with the $$$$$$$$ if I get stimulated. Hmmmm...let's see, it's a presidential election year. I could give the $$$$$$$ to my favorite campaign. Somehow that falls short. I hear people talk about “possible” recession....(scooby-do moment here).......the pyramid scheme is coming to a head. We are in the cancerous phase of unregulated capitalism. I heard someone speak of a “deep recession.” Let's just call it a decession. That way no one will
actually have to say “recession” or, god forbid, “depression.” In the background, C-span is running dead-eye dark-side dick telling us to be afraid, be very afraid. So, getting back to the stimulation. It's very exciting to think of being stimulated with a windfall check in the middle of this whirlwind presidential election campaign year. It almost feels like bribery or at least medication. I want to make sure the great-great-grandchildren at least get something for their $$$$$$$$$. I will look for someone who is working for a peaceful, sustainable, just future for the humans living on planet earth. I know an organization of kick-ass women in our community who fit the bill. They also know how to squeeze a nickel till the buffalo shits. They will get some stimulation done.
Good luck to all of us. wake up america........

No comments: